Conference Movement

Conference Movement

Postby kbukss » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:15 pm

Is there any way to change which schools are in a conference without having to swap between two teams? I have conference movement on because I like the realism behind it but Vermont joined the Big East in my save- is there any way to remove them without having to choose a team to swap them with?Likewise, is there any way to just add a team to a conference, like if I wanted to add UCLA to the Big Ten for example?

This is of course with the realism mod on. Thanks for the help
kbukss

Re: Conference Movement

Postby jlemmen43 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:22 pm

There is not unfortunately. My advice would be to start your save with the conference structures in place that you think makes sense and then let the computer swap or manually swap.
jlemmen43

Postby ShamWow17 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:07 pm

I wish it were an option, but since it's not, and because Gonzaga to the Big East has been a real conversation in the last year, and hasn't been absolutely closed out, I'll sometimes roll with swapping:

Vermont-Gonzaga
Vermont-Seattle
Vermont-UTEP
Vermont-UTSA (or Rice)
Vermont-A-10 team of your choice

This leaves you with a new west coast Jesuit school, an additional Texas school in the WAC, another Texas school to replace UTEP in the CUSA, a solid fit in the American, since a lot of the teams there and in the A-10 feel pretty swappable, and Vermont in the A-10 which may not reflect real life, but feels more appropriate for the in-game caliber of program that Vermont is than either the AEC or Big East do.
Alternatively, Dayton to the Big East is a popular idea, so you could simplify the whole thing to just a Vermont-Dayton swap.
ShamWow17

Postby kbukss » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:27 pm

jlemmen43 wrote:There is not unfortunately. My advice would be to start your save with the conference structures in place that you think makes sense and then let the computer swap or manually swap.

Okay, I’ll keep that in mind for future saves. Thank you
kbukss

Postby kbukss » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:28 pm

ShamWow17 wrote:I wish it were an option, but since it's not, and because Gonzaga to the Big East has been a real conversation in the last year, and hasn't been absolutely closed out, I'll sometimes roll with swapping:

Vermont-Gonzaga
Vermont-Seattle
Vermont-UTEP
Vermont-UTSA (or Rice)
Vermont-A-10 team of your choice

This leaves you with a new west coast Jesuit school, an additional Texas school in the WAC, another Texas school to replace UTEP in the CUSA, a solid fit in the American, since a lot of the teams there and in the A-10 feel pretty swappable, and Vermont in the A-10 which may not reflect real life, but feels more appropriate for the in-game caliber of program that Vermont is than either the AEC or Big East do.
Alternatively, Dayton to the Big East is a popular idea, so you could simplify the whole thing to just a Vermont-Dayton swap.

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I did, except in my save SLU was absolutely dominating the A10 with Dusty May as coach so I decided to take them instead of Dayton.
kbukss

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion