Transfer Portal - Realism

Transfer Portal - Realism

Postby RGSchulzy16 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:07 pm

Even using the modern day day portal there’s still wayyy too few players in the portal compared to the mess we are seeing in real life in the current day

I’d like the setting to actually reflect what’s happening 1500-2000 underclass in the portal. If people don’t like that they still have the option for pre portal times
RGSchulzy16

Re: Transfer Portal - Realism

Postby jlemmen43 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:32 pm

You might be the only person I've heard say this! Haha. I know Gary has intentionally scaled back the amount that goes into the portal in the past years because most Users felt it was overkill (even if it was less than completely accurate). I'm guessing that most people would prefer a slider or at least a couple options on how many Portal-Goers there will be, but that hasn't made it to the game yet. It's a lot to get right, so I don't envy him on that front.
jlemmen43

Postby RGSchulzy16 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:31 am

Something like the injury one would be my preference

0% none
25% pre portal
50% slightly less chaotic portal
100% like it currently is in the game
200% covid year/nil portal

I wanna be like Cal “I met with the team”, “there is no team”
RGSchulzy16

Postby Chipguru37 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:41 am

RGSchulzy16 wrote:Something like the injury one would be my preference

0% none
25% pre portal
50% slightly less chaotic portal
100% like it currently is in the game
200% covid year/nil portal

I wanna be like Cal “I met with the team”, “there is no team”

We would need a big Budget? haha
Chipguru37

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:40 pm

Yes I have kept it somewhat lower on purpose because I think the vast majority of people would not like it if it was truly that number.

For the next version maybe I will add a "full portal" option but I think two things need to happen for that. One is that the transfer period would need to be extended and become like recruiting where it goes on for a long period of time and two is that you as the coach would have to have control over NIL and being able to make offers to players (basically like NBA free agency). Those are big adds and will require quite a bit of rework but its something I could consider for the next version.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby KeVbK » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:04 pm

I'd like to see the number of players in the portal expanded, assuming the gameplay of the portal is expanded as well. Right now the portal is a secondary experience to recruiting, which doesn't really align to the current realities of college basketball.

One piece of feedback i would have about the portal is the need for an easier way to see stats for the available players. we can see the basics, but if i want to see any thing more advanced (including 3pt %), i have to click into each individual player, click stats, click regular season, etc. The game tracks alot of advanced metrics for players and having the ability to target players based on their prior performance is a big part of the difference between high school recruiting and the portal, but that data isn't as easily accessible in the current setup.
KeVbK

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:58 pm

KeVbK wrote:One piece of feedback i would have about the portal is the need for an easier way to see stats for the available players. we can see the basics, but if i want to see any thing more advanced (including 3pt %), i have to click into each individual player, click stats, click regular season, etc. The game tracks alot of advanced metrics for players and having the ability to target players based on their prior performance is a big part of the difference between high school recruiting and the portal, but that data isn't as easily accessible in the current setup.

Yeah the screen is kind of out of room to show more data so I would have to think on how to reconfigure the screen to get anything else on there
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby ShamWow17 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:09 pm

Why not have different categories of stats- regular, shooting, advanced, and miscellaneous, like on each team's stat page? All that information is available all season, so no reason not to have it available in the portal.
ShamWow17

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion