Auto Subs

Auto Subs

Postby Qnextdoor » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:09 am

My team was in the double bonus with 10 minutes left in the first half and I got upset and got ejected from the game. I've been watching the subs, and it doesn't make sense. Both of my centers who are not in foul trouble and who have good energy are on the bench and a point guard is in at center. Also, a power forward is in at point guard. I don't understand why these players are being played out of position, when there's other people in that natural position who can play it. Also my star player averaging 30 points per game only played 4 minutes in the first half and only had one foul. Why is a walk-on playing over a 2x player of the year, 3x defensive player of the year, 3x all conference 1st team, with a defender and attacker player type, averaging 30 points and 12.5 rebounds?
Qnextdoor

Re: Auto Subs

Postby PointGuard » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:52 am

That's totally out of the norm for this game. I play it a lot and the AI hasn't done that to my teams. Sounds like maybe your DEPTH chart is messed up.

I suggest you check your DEPTH chart to ensure within the Sub Matrix that your 5 starters are at the top (in the order of PG, SG, SF, PF, and C) and that you have the players you want on the court the right amount of minutes, at the positions you want them to play, and at the right points during the game. If you don't want walk ons to play make sure then are in the 14th and 15th positions on the Depth chart, and that they have no minutes allotted.

Also within the Depth chart click on each player and then look at the bottom of the Depth Chart screen (Individual Player Settings) for that player to ensure that for some reason each player is not marked to play wrong positions...e.g., if a PG is marked to not only play PG (and maybe SG) but also marked to play C, then the AI will figure that player is available/able to play C some.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion