Creating Real Players

Creating Real Players

Postby CentreCourt » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:00 pm

I believe it is possible to create a mod containing real players.

How do you create the players? Is there a menu option? Or can I load a file/spreadsheet etc and in what format is the information entered?

Do I need to fire-up the game in a particular mode to create the players and/or be able to play with those players?

Thanks,
CentreCourt

Re: Creating Real Players

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:55 pm

You can do this - if you are editing one of NCAAHoops' databases you would enter the players in the Players table. You need to create ALL the players though - you cannot just create like one team or something as the game will not create any players if it finds any data in the Players table
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby CentreCourt » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:35 pm

Thanks for the response Gary.

I'm fine with creating all the players. I can try things out, but I'm assuming an easy way to do this would be exporting an existing database first. Then editing perhaps the roster of one team. Then importing that amended database file.

Whilst I haven't tried this yet, I guess I could fire up a new association and immediately copy my amended database - built in a different association - into the DB folder and import it. I'm assuming the initial game save won't be confused by this and the warnings about not changing Nationality is a Recruiting restriction only and not a problem for existing rosters.

I'll give it a go at some point, especially as I (think) I now have a reasonable handle on how to assign skill ratings to players.
CentreCourt

Postby CBDragon » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:18 pm

If the file or the necessary attributes/data could be shared, you could possibly make it a community effort and have the users who are fans and/or more famliar with certain teams provide what is needed for them. I can't imagine trying to accurately create all Div 1 basketball players...
CBDragon

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:44 pm

CentreCourt wrote:Thanks for the response Gary.

I'm fine with creating all the players. I can try things out, but I'm assuming an easy way to do this would be exporting an existing database first. Then editing perhaps the roster of one team. Then importing that amended database file.

Whilst I haven't tried this yet, I guess I could fire up a new association and immediately copy my amended database - built in a different association - into the DB folder and import it. I'm assuming the initial game save won't be confused by this and the warnings about not changing Nationality is a Recruiting restriction only and not a problem for existing rosters.

I'll give it a go at some point, especially as I (think) I now have a reasonable handle on how to assign skill ratings to players.

Yes that is probably the easiest way to do it - just take a current association and export the DB from the commissioner and then copy that data into NCAAHoops mod in the players table and start experimenting with one team
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion