Editing Recruits

Editing Recruits

Postby CentreCourt » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:38 am

Within an existing game (Sandbox; 7th July) I've exported the Database in Commissioner's mode and accessed it through SQL Lite Studio. Made a simple change to the first name of one of my own players, reloaded the database and the change has taken effect.

But the only tables with any data I can see on the database are:
- Coaches
- Players
- Teams

Nothing present under:
- Conferences
- Recruits
- Rookies

Not too sure what I'd find under Rookies, but I was expecting to be able to edit Recruits (am I wrongly assuming that table would hold the entire Recruiting class?)

Any thoughts on this. I was looking at the possibility of mass editing of the Recruits using Excel copy and paste, bearing in mind the restriction of only altering existing rows, but not adding or deleting rows.

Is the Export of Recruits blocked or perhaps restricted as to when in the season export is permitted?

Would be interested in any feedback on whether what I'm trying is feasible.
CentreCourt

Re: Editing Recruits

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:33 pm

That is all the data that is currently exported. I decided against exporting the recruits when I did it because I thought it would be a bad idea that people could just export them and see which recruits were going to be good. I allowed individual editing which at least would make you look at each one in detail and it wouldn't be so easy to do but you could also use that and turn the show bio on and then not have the ratings exposed if you just wanted to edit names or something like that whereas if they were dumped to the database there would be no way to do that.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Editing Recruits

Postby CentreCourt » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:29 pm

Thanks for the explanation Gary. Much appreciated.
CentreCourt

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion