Fouls

Fouls

Postby Qnextdoor » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:09 pm

Can we please turn down the fouls just a little bit? I've never had my whole starting line-up foul out before. 56 total fouls is crazy.
Qnextdoor

Re: Fouls

Postby PointGuard » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:55 pm

You also mentioned having too many fouls in a DDSCB23 thread. If you are encountering that still with CB24, then maybe you should send your association files together with a Support Ticket to have Gary take a look at what's happening with your team and your association.

I've never had anything close to what you're describing (a whole bunch of players on my team or my opponent's team foul out) happen in any of my many DDSCB (including CB24) associations. And fouls per game for the teams in my associations have been well within the range of what occurs in real life Division 1 basketball.
Last edited by PointGuard on Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:41 pm

As a quick check, I went to the present association I'm running with CB24...just 4 games into the present season so it's a small sample size...but...the two teams in those 4 games have averaged 16 fouls/team/game in those games and no player has fouled out on either team in any of those games and only 4 players have had 4 fouls assessed in any game (3 of the opponents players and only 1 of mine). While I'm sure there will be players who foul out in upcoming games, from what I've observed in prior seasons, hardly ever more 1 or 2 a game in total between the 2 teams.

So it seems to me that something really weird is happening within your team/association.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Qnextdoor » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:54 am

It's not a huge problem. That game was 1 out of 200 games. Fouls are a little high. A lot of them are early fouls. I'm 5 minutes in and I'm 2 fouls away from the bonus. I've never had my whole starting line-up foul out.
Qnextdoor

Postby PointGuard » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:52 pm

Hey, let's do a comparison: Go to ALMANAC and set it for ENTIRE LEAGUE and VIEW TEAMS, then do a sort on FTA and provide the lowest, highest, and go down half way to provide the median number.

For mine the lowest is 9.3 FTA/team/game, the highest is 30.0 FTA/team/game and the median is 17.8 FTA/team/game. These are pretty close to real life and actually I think the lowest will increase a little bit and the highest will decrease a little bit as more games are played in my season while I think the median will stay about the same. Unfortunately the stats on the Almanac screens don't show Fouls/team...but the FTA at least give us a way to determine if fouls are about what they should be or low or high.

So what's the numbers for FTA/team/game for your association?
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Qnextdoor » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:13 pm

The highest is the same at 30 FTA. The lowest is a little higher at 10.7 FTA. Which makes the median 20.35 FTA. I'm not 100% sure if I was looking at the right thing.
Qnextdoor

Postby PointGuard » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:41 pm

I think you computed the "mean" rather than the "median". The median is the middle point in the entire range of numbers...so if there are 362 teams, it would be the 181st. I don't actually count that but pull down the list to the approximate middle of the entire list of teams. So the median is likely slightly different than 20.35 but what you've provided is good enough...the stats between your association and my association for FTA/G are pretty similar (and not that far from real life Division 1 results). That's what I was wondering. Thanks for doing it.

My feeling is that most of us feel there is a problem with the number of fouls when we have a game or two in which there's a high humber of fouls (particularly against our team). But if we look at a larger number of games, we would find that fouls/game are about right.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Qnextdoor » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:16 pm

There are a lot of early fouls. That makes it seem like there are more fouls. I'll have 1-2 players in foul trouble 5 minutes in the game. It slows down later in the half. I don't think I can play my starters all 40 minutes, with the intensity all the way down, without 2-3 payers fouling out.
Last edited by Qnextdoor on Wed May 01, 2024 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Qnextdoor

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:07 pm

That defines the problem perfectly. VERY disproportionate number of early fouls.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:27 pm

Yeah, Gary has tuned that down some...but still there are too many times a player picks up 2 early fouls.

I don't have good enough players on my teams to play them 40 minutes in a game, so my guys very seldom foul out. :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion