Draft Day Sports CB2024 Review

Re: Draft Day Sports CB2024 Review

Postby ShamWow17 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:50 pm

I don't think so; it's just really hard to get recruits to visit a low prestige school. In-state is nearly, if not absolutely guaranteed, out of state but in-region is tough but not impossible, and out of region.... Good luck there! Also, I think your coach disappeared due to being signed to just a one year deal, so he re-entered the hiring pool as soon as assistant coach hiring came around. Jai Steadman, by any chance? I just started a save in Pocatello pretty much the same way the other day, and hired him back after year one. Couldn't extend from the one year contract because he wanted to see about a head coaching gig.
ShamWow17

Postby CBDragon » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:36 am

I wanted to follow up and say that I had a TON of fun with the transfer portal. I liked it way better than the normal recruiting. The normal recruiting is long...and hard for a low prestige program. Which is probably realistic. But, it just gets depressing doing recruiting week after week, spending IRL time building my watch list, texting the players, coordinating visits, and then little to no progress on any recruits each week. The transfer portal though? It's a quick 5 weeks. I loved the different pitch options with the strategy and costs involved. I had quite a few players that actually seemed interested (as opposed to the 2-3 in normal recruiting). I landed the Great South Player of the Year at SG and the RMC Freshman of the Year at C plus an additional starter at PG. I had only landed one "normal" recruit (albeit a pretty good one) so adding 3 decent/good players via the portal was very satisfying. I also had one player leave (conf freshman of the year). Oh well. Anyway, the transfer portal was fast and fun. The only thing it was missing was a watch list as I had to find the guys that I was interested in again every week.
CBDragon

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu May 02, 2024 3:21 pm

Excellent review for sure. Great grammar and punctuation too, which makes it easy to follow. I like your synopsis of the transfer portal. Gives me a perspective that makes it a little more appealing (specifically opening up the ability for lower schools to strike it rich with a player, instead of needing constant growth with the old way). Go Bengals! It's usually only Boise State for Idaho sports here, so it's always nice to see a few lesser knowns have good seasons. If you use my face pack, you'll notice I pulled most of the hair and facial hair from the OLT pack for FM! That's an amazingly handy set for creating better player faces.
jlemmen43

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion