Request for Next Version

Request for Next Version

Postby nuwildcat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:08 pm

This version of DDCB is by far the best so far. It has become one of the best sim sports games on the market. I will have some further thoughts later but there is one thing that I think needs to change for next year.

I am a big fan of the changing ratings during the year. It is much more realistic than past versions where the ratings stayed constant. However, can the roster re-evaluation that takes place when the season begins happen one week earlier, when the redshirt decisions are made? Multiple times I have had an incoming freshman come in with poor ratings and decided to redshirt them only to have their ratings skyrocket the following week. I am fine with the idea that part of the way through the season, coach's views of a player change, but it seems unrealistic for that to happen the week after deciding to redshirt them.
nuwildcat

Re: Request for Next Version

Postby gord » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:48 am

I 100% second this. I've started saving at that stage just to guard against this phenomenon. In my most recent season, I had a player jump from 2 stars to 4 stars after I redshirted him. So I went to the main menu, reloaded the game, and didn't redshirt him.
gord

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion