Request for Next Version

Request for Next Version

Postby nuwildcat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:08 pm

This version of DDCB is by far the best so far. It has become one of the best sim sports games on the market. I will have some further thoughts later but there is one thing that I think needs to change for next year.

I am a big fan of the changing ratings during the year. It is much more realistic than past versions where the ratings stayed constant. However, can the roster re-evaluation that takes place when the season begins happen one week earlier, when the redshirt decisions are made? Multiple times I have had an incoming freshman come in with poor ratings and decided to redshirt them only to have their ratings skyrocket the following week. I am fine with the idea that part of the way through the season, coach's views of a player change, but it seems unrealistic for that to happen the week after deciding to redshirt them.
nuwildcat

Re: Request for Next Version

Postby gord » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:48 am

I 100% second this. I've started saving at that stage just to guard against this phenomenon. In my most recent season, I had a player jump from 2 stars to 4 stars after I redshirted him. So I went to the main menu, reloaded the game, and didn't redshirt him.
gord

Re: Request for Next Version

Postby adamj95 » Mon May 20, 2024 7:29 pm

I also have another request for next version. I'd like to see head coaches not job hop as frequently as they do in this version and past versions. I've seen coaches have a new head coaching position 5-6 years in a row. That just seems so unrealistic to me. It would be nice to see some more long term head coaches in the game.
adamj95

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion