Updating Database

Updating Database

Postby jdbmaize » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:31 am

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. I'm currently trying to update the coaches in the game and I exported the database. I updated it using SQLite and now, when I go back in to import, it doesn't seem anything has changed. I did save the changes and they're showing up on the file.

If someone is willing: could you post how you usually update the database and I'll compare to see if I'm missing a step?

I've done it before but I feel like I'm missing something.
jdbmaize

Re: Updating Database

Postby Corduroy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:49 am

Did you write the changes before importing it back into the game?
Corduroy

Postby jdbmaize » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:13 am

I think so? I save the changes in SQLite. I feel like that's what I'm missing. It's something when I'm saving and/or importing.
jdbmaize

Postby jdbmaize » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:33 pm

So I looked and my updates are saving for everything except coaches. Are you not able to update coaches in the database? I made sure all the coaching staffs were full and the data wasn't invalid, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know?
jdbmaize

Postby hansmellman » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:36 am

Is there more than one database or tab on a database that can be edited for coaches depending on which option you choose to start with?

I have only edited the pro game but on the database for that there is an option for players/coaches when you begin the season at the regular start date and another set of tabs for players/coaches which relates to selecting to start in the offseason. You have to edit those separately depending on which option you want to choose at the beginning of a new save. Alternatively, you could look at the NCAAhoops mod files cos he supplies 4 diff databases with different edits and compare those to how/where you're editing to see if it matches up.
hansmellman

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion