DDS:CF22 Wish List

DDS:CF22 Wish List

Postby Rizzo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:20 am

1) Ability to edit a team's latitude/longitude in commissioner mode.

2) Ability to move independent teams to a conference at Start Season stage.

3) More dynamic prestige change for teams that consistently win. Currently in the P2P online league, Utah has won three straight national championships and hasn't received a single bump in prestige.

4) Investigate position skill as it seems to only increase with a player's first training camp and then not much, if any, after that.

5) Add "Import" button for commissioners in the Search menu to allow us to Export all players, convert JSON to CSV, edit the data, convert back to JSON and Import.

5.b) If easier, add trade logic from PF under the Commissioner tools so we can freely move players between schools if needed.

Reason for 5 and 5.b above is we are in a long-running multiplayer league and were hoping to move Notre Dame to the ACC. Since Independents are not on the list of teams that can be swapped for conference realignment, a mass swap of rosters between programs and the ability to edit latitude/longitude would allow us to "hack the system" and move Notre Dame from Independent to ACC, Duke to AAC and Navy to Independent.
Rizzo

Re: DDS:CF22 Wish List

Postby rmoons24 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:25 pm

Add in more dynamic coach styles. I want coaches, and thus schools to have identities. Air Raid, Smashmouth, Option (triple and spread), Pistol, Up-Tempo, Control the Possession, and so much more! This has been a big thing lacking in the game and immersion for myself. For the most part, nothing seperates the coachs as far as Xs and Os go.
rmoons24

Postby UC#1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:46 am

Attendance and Upgrades:
1. Attendance: I like seeing attendance in the box and the attendance grow as you win more/get ranked (esp if you take over a program that has low prestige). Bowl Bound did this and I thought it was a neat touch.

2. Upgrades: I like how one can talk to the board in DDS: College Basketball and sometimes get upgrade to facilities. I wish the football game had something like this. Maybe in instances one can request a new IPF or add 5,000 seats to capacity etc. Not sure what makes sense for options, but something to show the program is growing and/or keeping up with the Jones
UC#1

Postby 23Zone » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:20 pm

A couple of things to add to this list... assuming this board discussion is 'the list'.

First Scheduling.... I play DDS College basketball as well as football and one of my original peeves with basketball was the scheduling... but it got fixed in basketball... football has a similar issue. Too many Alabama at Tulsa and Ohio State at Eastern Michigan games. These games would never happen in real life. If you combine the game scheduling these games with the fact that is seems that the game has a built in home field advantage (which I think might be too strong for the lower level teams) you get a lot of upsets. Can that be fixed or at least can we be given a way to easily change the schedule... maybe flip the home and visiting teams? I have been importing a custom schedule year by year to avoid the issue but that is difficult to do and time consuming.

Point Spreads... its nice to have them but I have yet to see one that is greater than 10 points. Most real college football games between power 5 schools and lesser schools have spreads higher than 10 points. Also I have noticed when an obviously lesser name school hosts a bigger name better school they still are favored. Maybe that is because the home field advantage is so strong? Overall is the issue that there is too much parity in the game? College football is largely the 'haves' and the 'have nots' in a lot of cases and I dont think the game represents that well in some cases.

Draft class listing... it would be nice to be able to see where you are in the current draft class ranking with the other teams listed instead of just your own current rank. It would also be nice to keep draft class ranking as a historical statistic that you can see in your team history.

I think that recruiting is getting better and its fun but not quite there yet. It still feel like a bit of a crap shoot sometimes.... I often feel like there is no way I cannot get a guy and he still doesn't come to my school. To help me figure out this one I have been coaching Ohio State with a current prestige in my game of 91... a team that should not have a lot of problems getting who they want. I can have a guy from Ohio who likes to be close to home, who likes prestige, and a large market, did not care about playing time etc but he still will go to a school in the south even though he has a 98 interest in me. This is only 1 example of what I have seen in recruiting being kind of random.

I think one problem is I dont get enough Outreach points to be able to see what they are really thinking by doing home visits. I also need those points to go to their games to scout them... since home visits cost 5 points and going to games is 4 points you cant do too many of either of those during the whole recruiting process. I believe from what I have seen that the home visits might provide the info I need to see that I wont get a guy but even that sometimes is 'wrong' from my experience. The 98 interest guy from above also believed OSU was the best school recruiting him and that the Big 10 conference was the one he wanted to play in and those were the only comments I got... but no he still went to Florida.

Another possible issue is that your current roster might be too highly considered in recruiting... notice I mentioned my test case from above did not care about playing time so why not me? Given that I am playing as Ohio State I do have a pretty good roster so some guys would not want to chance being a backup even for a while but in real life they do. If you look at the real life history of recruiting at a place like Ohio State or Alabama the current roster doesn't really matter as much since schools like that consistently are in the top 10 in recruiting classes and guys come expecting to be backups for a year or 2. If that was somehow fixed it might also fix make some of the other recruiting inconsistencies I have seen quit happening... like high rated guys left at the end of recruiting and very low rated teams getting highly rated recruits which rarely if ever happens in real life.

Thanks... a great game... lots of fun. By the way in case you are wondering... I am playing the game with hard recruiting set to 'off'
23Zone

Postby UC#1 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:42 pm

23Zone wrote:A couple of things to add to this list... assuming this board discussion is 'the list'.

First Scheduling.... I play DDS College basketball as well as football and one of my original peeves with basketball was the scheduling... but it got fixed in basketball... football has a similar issue. Too many Alabama at Tulsa and Ohio State at Eastern Michigan games. These games would never happen in real life. If you combine the game scheduling these games with the fact that is seems that the game has a built in home field advantage (which I think might be too strong for the lower level teams) you get a lot of upsets. Can that be fixed or at least can we be given a way to easily change the schedule... maybe flip the home and visiting teams? I have been importing a custom schedule year by year to avoid the issue but that is difficult to do and time consuming.

Point Spreads... its nice to have them but I have yet to see one that is greater than 10 points. Most real college football games between power 5 schools and lesser schools have spreads higher than 10 points. Also I have noticed when an obviously lesser name school hosts a bigger name better school they still are favored. Maybe that is because the home field advantage is so strong? Overall is the issue that there is too much parity in the game? College football is largely the 'haves' and the 'have nots' in a lot of cases and I dont think the game represents that well in some cases.

Draft class listing... it would be nice to be able to see where you are in the current draft class ranking with the other teams listed instead of just your own current rank. It would also be nice to keep draft class ranking as a historical statistic that you can see in your team history.

I think that recruiting is getting better and its fun but not quite there yet. It still feel like a bit of a crap shoot sometimes.... I often feel like there is no way I cannot get a guy and he still doesn't come to my school. To help me figure out this one I have been coaching Ohio State with a current prestige in my game of 91... a team that should not have a lot of problems getting who they want. I can have a guy from Ohio who likes to be close to home, who likes prestige, and a large market, did not care about playing time etc but he still will go to a school in the south even though he has a 98 interest in me. This is only 1 example of what I have seen in recruiting being kind of random.

I think one problem is I dont get enough Outreach points to be able to see what they are really thinking by doing home visits. I also need those points to go to their games to scout them... since home visits cost 5 points and going to games is 4 points you cant do too many of either of those during the whole recruiting process. I believe from what I have seen that the home visits might provide the info I need to see that I wont get a guy but even that sometimes is 'wrong' from my experience. The 98 interest guy from above also believed OSU was the best school recruiting him and that the Big 10 conference was the one he wanted to play in and those were the only comments I got... but no he still went to Florida.

Another possible issue is that your current roster might be too highly considered in recruiting... notice I mentioned my test case from above did not care about playing time so why not me? Given that I am playing as Ohio State I do have a pretty good roster so some guys would not want to chance being a backup even for a while but in real life they do. If you look at the real life history of recruiting at a place like Ohio State or Alabama the current roster doesn't really matter as much since schools like that consistently are in the top 10 in recruiting classes and guys come expecting to be backups for a year or 2. If that was somehow fixed it might also fix make some of the other recruiting inconsistencies I have seen quit happening... like high rated guys left at the end of recruiting and very low rated teams getting highly rated recruits which rarely if ever happens in real life.

Thanks... a great game... lots of fun. By the way in case you are wondering... I am playing the game with hard recruiting set to 'off'

Agree 100% on the scheduling piece. The last season I played I remember there were games like Michigan State at Akron, Auburn at Troy, etc. I see these and chuckle as they would NEVER happen in real life. I like the system in Bowl Bound College Football where you request games over a four week period with teams. You can request home, away or 'both'. And if you are a lower prestige team, the odds of getting a home or both with a higher prestige team are rare...depending on how much higher prestige they are. If its close, you MAY get the home or both. Each week you put your request in and check emails to see who accepted and who rejected. I think this went on over a four week period but can't recall the specifics.
UC#1

Postby UC#1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:14 am

Add to this list the ability to do conference changes easily (rather than outside the game customization). The B12 just lost two, added three, and the AAC will be backfilling some time soon I imagine. It would be nice if these types of changes could be made easily 'in game' like they were in College Football 14 on the game consoles.
UC#1

Postby sweetkender » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:34 am

Why is it in the college game can you not target a player during bowl games? Is that designed or is it a flaw? All it allows me to do is nothing or "auto" and I have no idea what auto does. I mean, if you see Oklahoma with Barry Sanders, you know to target him. Not a grand secret.
sweetkender

Postby JDB » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:45 am

UC#1 wrote:Add to this list the ability to do conference changes easily (rather than outside the game customization). The B12 just lost two, added three, and the AAC will be backfilling some time soon I imagine. It would be nice if these types of changes could be made easily 'in game' like they were in College Football 14 on the game consoles.

Everything suggestion I've read so far is great, but I really feel this one needs to be the top priority
JDB

Postby Rizzo » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:17 am

Players that appear in 4 or less games should receive automatic redshirts for the new rule implemented a couple seasons ago.
Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:02 pm

HTML page on exports with year-by-year prestige rating for each team. Pretty sure BBCF had this page and I know there are graphs in-game to see this but it is a much easier read in a table than by hovering over a data point at specific years to see a team's rating at that point in time.
Rizzo

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion