College to Pros (MAD STATS)

College to Pros (MAD STATS)

Postby Rae1990 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:24 pm

so unless ive done something wrong, which i think i have, so ive ran a single CF season, and linked with PF, the draft has happened and most these guys are 90+ as rookies some are 100.... help
Rae1990

Re: College to Pros (MAD STATS)

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:29 pm

When you import draft classes there is a checkbox to "adjust" so that kids that come in who may have been highly rated in college get adjusted back down to pro norms. If the auto-adjust didn't do what you wanted then you may need to manually adjust your draft classes using the converters in the mod forum (or you can mass adjust them in game using the mass edit section inside league options)
brooks_piggott

Postby Rae1990 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:21 pm

yh having tested a season, they are now coming out at around 80's so im have to edit i think ty

could you recommend one ? or advise how to use the ingame mass editor to get a better realistic.... becauase the pro game is kinda unplayable for me without this draft system working right
Rae1990

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:36 pm

Kind of depends on what you're trying to do. Normally the import with the adjust works as expected. Top kids coming in at 80 isn't terrible since their skills will be a bit low and in reality a lot of draftees see the field in year 1. But if you want to nerf your class a bit more you can probably just drop a couple of points of strength from linemen, a couple of points of speed from running backs and receivers and corners, a few points in tackling from defenders, and for QB you can hit their accuracy, arm, and intelligence. You shouldn't have to drop them a lot to make a significant difference.
brooks_piggott

Postby Rae1990 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:06 pm

yh ill try that, and im not against some of them being 80's but when the whole draft is 80+ thats abit farfetched :)

thankyou for the advice
Rae1990

Postby Rae1990 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:49 pm

I’ve posted in the discord, I’m getting errors when I’m trying to post what I said from discord

Really wish I could get some help to figure this out
Rae1990

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:22 pm

Best option is to post your files here, or in discord, or in slack and see if anyone has time to test them or try them in their own sandbox leagues. The easiest way to diagnose is to create a sandbox league, export the player ratings page to csv, open it in excel, and compare the average ratings by position against a similarly generated CSV from your league. That should tell you where your numbers don't line up.
brooks_piggott

Postby Rae1990 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:56 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Best option is to post your files here, or in discord, or in slack and see if anyone has time to test them or try them in their own sandbox leagues. The easiest way to diagnose is to create a sandbox league, export the player ratings page to csv, open it in excel, and compare the average ratings by position against a similarly generated CSV from your league. That should tell you where your numbers don't line up.

thankyou for getting back to me
just to clarify "export the player ratings page" the rookies from my career after ive imported and auto ajusted... correct?

and compare that to my careers base roster?
Rae1990

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:44 am

yes, you should be able to go into the search page and export whichever set you're comparing
brooks_piggott

Postby Rae1990 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:43 pm

yeah i give up :( been trying most of the day, what files would someone need to help me out
Rae1990

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion