2022 Real World Mod (Released Version: 11.6)

2022 Real World Mod (Released Version: 11.6)

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:49 pm

Hello, the following is a Realworld mod that contains a number of updates to represent realworld information for the pro basketball '22 game. Feel free to download and use if you like.

If you notice any issues while using the mod, please post here for consideration.

DISCLAIMER
The installer and materials contained within the Real World Mod are provided "as is" and the user assumes all risk of downloading, installing, and using the mod. It is possible that your security software may report a possible risk with the file(s) as each software has it's own methods of identifying threats. A number of security software products are proactive in flagging relatively unknown files (such as mods) or installers as a risk in order to be extremely cautious as they should be. Since the file(s) get posted on the internet and on file hosting sites, I can't control and don't assume responsibility for what might happen to the file(s) and whether an actual threat gets attached. It's each person's responsibility to download, install, and use the mod.

What's Included

NBA

- League Logo (this will overwrite the game's default league logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- Eastern Conference Logo (this will overwrite the game's default logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- Western Conference Logo (this will overwrite the game's default logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- (30) Team Names, Arena Names, Arena capacity, Arena Date, Owner Names, Logos
- Jerseys for displaying on main game screens when not using real photos (not used for home/away/alternate Jerseys during 2D games)

Note: Information for NBA teams will be the same, regardless of the league year being used. This means names, logos, arena info, owner info, etc. will always be based on modern NBA versus what it was for a specific year. To the best of my knowledge, the game does not have a way to mod differently per league year.

NBA G League (Development)

- League Logo (this will overwrite the game's default league logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- (28) Team Names, Arena Names, Arena capacity, Arena Date, Owner Names, Logos, Changed Some NBA Team Affiliations

Note: In real life there are currently only (28) G-League teams (that aren't exhibition oriented) but the game requires (30) teams so that (1) can be assigned to each NBA team. Therefore two NBA teams still assigned to generic d-league teams.

College

- (333) School Names, Nicknames, Logos

What's Not Included

- No Courts, Home/Away/Alternate Jerseys (2D games), and Player Photos
- No real player rosters (the base game already includes these)

How to Install Non-Steam Version

1) Make sure the Pro Basketball 2022 Game is installed.

2) Download the Realworld mod from https://mega.nz/file/eEAF0T4K#71MCNfM2h ... iHLKrESCVI

3) Extract the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Non-Steam.zip file to a temp folder like c:\temp

4) Run the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Non-Steam.exe file (if your security programs block it, you'll need to make sure to add an exception to allow its installation)

5) In the destination folder box, you must put the path where you installed the game. By default it uses "C:\Wolverine Studios\DDSPB2022", but you can change to any path where you installed the game.

6) Create a new league within the game (will not update any existing leagues--besides graphics). When creating a new league you must UNCHECK the "Randomize Owner Characteristics" checkbox on the League Settings screen, otherwise you won't get real owner names.

How to Install Steam Version

1) Make sure the Pro Basketball 2022 Game is installed.

2) Download the Realworld mod from https://mega.nz/file/6ZRmzJ5I#Ij2KTBHAx ... 0Ihh-clOU0

3) Extract the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Steam.zip file to a temp folder like c:\temp

4) Run the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Steam.exe file (if your security programs block it, you'll need to make sure to add an exception to allow its installation)

5) In the destination folder box, you must put the path where you installed the game. By default it uses "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2022", but you can change to any path where you installed the game.

6) Create a new league within the game (will not update any existing leagues--besides graphics). When creating a new league you must UNCHECK the "Randomize Owner Characteristics" checkbox on the League Settings screen, otherwise you won't get real owner names.

If you follow those steps, you should be good to go. If any problems, feel free to post here and will do my best to help.

[i]Note: If you ever reinstall the game and/or install a game patch that replaces a number of the data files, you'll need to reinstall this mod in order to work again. Typically when game patches are released, I'll release an updated version of the mod to stay in synch.

Why Do I update the Mod After Each Full/Patch Release
Within the mod there are two databases included...the default database and the historical database. The way modding works requires updating those databases so that is why included in my mod. Typically I would prefer not to include those types of core game things, but no way around it for modding certain things (i.e. team names, gm names, arena info, etc.)

Every time there is a patch release, there is a "potential" the developer made changes to those databases for other reasons (i.e. bug fixes, updated coaches/players, etc.) although doesn't happen with each patch and probably is infrequent. Instead of taking a chance that people playing with my mod would have outdated database files, I recreate my mod each time using the latest databases regardless if they changed.

People don't have to update the mod each time but they do run the risk of playing their game with outdated files which "may" have an impact on other things.

Latest Game Version Used to Create the Mod: Released Version 11.6
Last edited by slybelle1 on Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: 2022 Real World Mod

Postby ukSUNSfan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:08 pm

Thanks for this and for making the instructions real easy to follow (new to the game so this is very appreciated!)
ukSUNSfan

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:09 pm

ukSUNSfan wrote:Thanks for this and for making the instructions real easy to follow (new to the game so this is very appreciated!)

Your welcome...glad you gave it a try.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby lemon07r » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:41 am

slybelle1 wrote:Every time there is a patch release, there is a "potential" the developer made changes to those databases for other reasons (i.e. bug fixes, updated coaches/players, etc.) although doesn't happen with each patch and probably is infrequent. Instead of taking a chance that people playing with my mod would have outdated database files, I recreate my mod each time using the latest databases regardless if they changed.

b11.0.1 is out, not sure if you need to recreate your mod with the latest beta changes, just letting you know.

Patch notes below:
Gary Gorski wrote:Version b11.0.1 released - 11/13/21
--------------------------------------------
- tweaks to attitude/personality system
- fixed coaches missing contracts and team records in database
- UI changes (highlights to badges, added Portugal to country drop down)
- tweaked AI matrix creation to better stagger starters
- fixed issue when editing players that player value was updating incorrectly
- toned down player decline as age advances
lemon07r

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:57 am

I have updated the first post with a new link for the latest version of the mod using the latest patch.

Originally I was going to hold off until after first access before making changes, but a better practice for me to update even now since I don't always know what is changing with the patches. There was at least one change in the patch concerning team records so those will not be reflected if you don't update. You would need to start a new league to see those type of changes reflected.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby lemon07r » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:45 am

slybelle1 wrote:I have updated the first post with a new link for the latest version of the mod using the latest patch.

Originally I was going to hold off until after first access before making changes, but a better practice for me to update even now since I don't always know what is changing with the patches. There was at least one change in the patch concerning team records so those will not be reflected if you don't update. You would need to start a new league to see those type of changes reflected.

Thanks, b11.0.3 is out now btw. Maybe you should include the version your mod is up to date for in your post or zip file name btw so we know what version your mod is good for.

Another thought. Is it possible to leave us a way to compile your mod for future releases in the event youre too busy to do it yourself?
lemon07r

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:39 pm

lemon07r wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:I have updated the first post with a new link for the latest version of the mod using the latest patch.

Thanks, b11.0.3 is out now btw. Maybe you should include the version your mod is up to date for in your post or zip file name btw so we know what version your mod is good for.

Another thought. Is it possible to leave us a way to compile your mod for future releases in the event youre too busy to do it yourself?

Yes, I can and have included the game version in the first post and on the filename. Including the version number will identify what version of the 2022 game was used to build the mod but that doesn't mean the mod won't work with prior 2022 versions of the game. In most cases it will work fine with all 2022 versions of the game, but "may" contain outdated data if the developer made any changes to the databases where mods are stored, which typically is rare especially after official game release. The mod has been updated as of today using the last known game update.

As for providing a way for you to "compile" the mod on your own, not something that will be done as the process is not that simple. Beyond the graphic files, there are updates that need to be made to multiple database files that would have to be applied. Plus depending on the changes required (i.e. to actual pieces of data the mod might touch), it would require redistributing anyways since previously downloaded versions wouldn't contain the necessary data to update correctly. Although I have created various programs and automated tools to make this a straight forward process for me, I have no intention of creating a supported distributed version where I would release to everyone. Beyond what is already mentioned, simply a lot of variables that would need to be considered when trying to run these types of processes on a ton of different user's systems (i.e. operating systems, locations of files, steam vs non-steam versions, handling unexpected failures during install, etc.).

I do my best to support the mod as I can and when I am aware of changes occurring to the 2022 game. When updates are released for the game, there really isn't a way to know unless you visit the forum and read the patches/update thread (when that post is updated, it doesn't trigger any kind of notification), which I don't necessarily do every day, especially during a holiday week where I was largely unavailable. Again, it is rare that updates will even have an impact on the mod at least based on past history.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: 2022 Real World Mod (Released Version: 11.0)

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:19 pm

Released updated version of non-steam version based on the official release of the game. Look at first post for instructions.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby MrOnurb » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:08 pm

Thank you so much for your work! I've been a fan of this game since 2019 and have always used your mod. Any ideia when the steam version will be released?
MrOnurb

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:17 pm

MrOnurb wrote:Thank you so much for your work! I've been a fan of this game since 2019 and have always used your mod. Any ideia when the steam version will be released?

Just posted it, although I don't own the Steam version to test so will have to rely on the forum members to confirm it works.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2022 Mods