Stat Suggestion: Yards/Target and others

Stat Suggestion: Yards/Target and others

Postby TripLykely » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:25 am

Since the game tracks targets as well as catches I’d love to see yards/target and even catch/percentage. Both would add more insight to the receiving numbers, IMO. Really digging this years game, just a humble suggestion. Another lesser stat I’d like to see is pass rush percentage; (sacks+hurries+knockdowns)/pass plays. It’s a great measure for individuals and teams.

Edit: catch allowed % for DBs
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Re: Stat Suggestion: Yards/Target and others

Postby BradS » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:47 am

TripLykely wrote:Since the game tracks targets as well as catches I’d love to see yards/target and even catch/percentage. Both would add more insight to the receiving numbers, IMO. Really digging this years game, just a humble suggestion. Another lesser stat I’d like to see is pass rush percentage; (sacks+hurries+knockdowns)/pass plays. It’s a great measure for individuals and teams.

Edit: catch allowed % for DBs

These measures add another interesting layer to the game. Great stuff to see added at some point.
BradS

Postby Sharkn20 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:39 pm

I support more stats also.
Sharkn20

Postby zbguy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:04 am

Throwing in my support for this and other stats in general. Myself, I'd like to see first downs broken down by type (pass/run/penalty)
zbguy

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:30 pm

I'm not looking to add a lot more stats to the UI mainly because it starts to feel cluttered. A lot of these advanced stats are available... just need to be manually calculated. But we'll see what we can do over time.
brooks_piggott

Postby TripLykely » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:15 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:I'm not looking to add a lot more stats to the UI mainly because it starts to feel cluttered. A lot of these advanced stats are available... just need to be manually calculated. But we'll see what we can do over time.

Certainly can appreciate keeping the UI clean. While you can calculate yards/target it would be nice to see at a glance. Maybe not this version but what about custom stats sheets like OOTP? Have a default view from a drop down with the ability to add new custom sheets showing specific stats that aren’t included in the default view?

Another thing that’s popped up for me so I’ll add here, any way to include a ranking based on how you sort team or league stats? Again it would be nice to know you’re 16th is rush yards allowed at a glance.
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Postby BradS » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:51 pm

The blocked kick/punt column on the end is scarcely populated with any numbers. If a player gets a blocked kick, there is little to no value having this category taking up space in the boxscore. The block stat should be added to the player card instead. This is a very rare/used stat column for any boxscore I've ever seen really. An added column for any of the above suggestions is going to have more value and content than what we have now. Just a suggestion.
BradS

Postby clamel » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:07 pm

I think one stat like Yards After Catch really should be squeezed in.
In my book that makes you see how certain plays in your playbook really worked with the correct player.

Guess the stats Drop passes could be "calculated" visualy when looking at target - catches. But it could be getting an insight on the same about players. Then target minus catch might be widley overthrown by the QB, which hardly is ticked as a genuine Drop.

Cluthering the page ??? The OOTP setup is something you shuld look at Brooks. Don't think a selections of stats is all wrong. It depends on what you are looking at and what you like to get out of the stats.

In my mind several stats already on the pages I find useless, so it's a thing for eaach and everyone.
clamel

Postby BradS » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:48 pm

TripLykely wrote:
Brooks_Piggott wrote:I'm not looking to add a lot more stats to the UI mainly because it starts to feel cluttered. A lot of these advanced stats are available... just need to be manually calculated. But we'll see what we can do over time.

Certainly can appreciate keeping the UI clean. While you can calculate yards/target it would be nice to see at a glance. Maybe not this version but what about custom stats sheets like OOTP? Have a default view from a drop down with the ability to add new custom sheets showing specific stats that aren’t included in the default view?

Another thing that’s popped up for me so I’ll add here, any way to include a ranking based on how you sort team or league stats? Again it would be nice to know you’re 16th is rush yards allowed at a glance.

A separate stat sheet is a sweet suggestion and Brooks doesn't have to toil with perceived clutter. An added stat sheet further enhance Brooks' game. He'll look like the 'sharp dressed man' :)
BradS

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:37 pm

I guess I'm not sure what screens are being referred to. Are we talking team stats? Player Stats? League Stats? Boxscore Stats? Player Card Stats? I'm also not sure about where a new stat sheet would go? I don't mind adding more stuff and making toggles, but it depends on where you want these to go.
brooks_piggott

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2022 General Discussion