SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Postby PointGuard » Tue May 10, 2022 4:31 pm

You're just getting such different results than Wayne and I that I would suggest you submit your game files and a support ticket when what you observed happens again so Gary can check out what's happening with your association.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Tue May 10, 2022 4:34 pm

The seedings in the early (pre-conference period) tournaments are just sort of guestimations, so I wouldn't concern myself with "upsets" (e.g, a #8 SEED beating a #1 SEED). But I think if you have the kind of issues you mentioned in the CONFERENCE tournaments, that would be something that would be worth submitting to Gary.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby ECHood » Sat May 14, 2022 10:29 am

I've touched on these things in previous posts but wanted to make one request combining all:

My No. 1 request is for us to be able to create our own postseason tournaments after all games have been played and before the Selection Sunday show.

In that vein, even if that's not possible, for Tournament Maker can we have templates to choose from based on the current postseason tournaments - NCAA, NIT, CBI and CIT (now known as The Basketball Classic).

NCAA template - 68 teams, all neutral games, four play-in games (two at the 16 seed lines and two at the 11 or 12 lines in the other two brackets)
NIT template - 32 teams, FOUR regions of eight, higher seed hosts every game, no neutral games until the semifinals and finals (they should be neutral)
CBI template - 16 teams, one neutral site bracket (no changes from current tournament maker 16-teams, but... the CBI format for 2023 could be different because I think this was a covid switch to one neutral site)
CIT template - 32 teams, FOUR regions of eight, all home/away games, the higher seed is always the host each round

Thank you PointGuard for organizing all of these requests!
ECHood

Postby PointGuard » Sat May 14, 2022 12:32 pm

First one was already in the list. Added the rest.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sun May 15, 2022 10:41 am

Have medical redshirts been put in the game yet? If not, that would be a welcomed addition. I don’t recall ever having the opportunity to utilize it if it’s already in the game.
SirMichaelJordan

Postby PointGuard » Sun May 15, 2022 12:16 pm

Added
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby jfsolo23 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:22 pm

Since it's been revealed that the basketball games are getting a graphical overhaul, I just want to throw a couple of things out there on that front, although I know that these things may not be possible to implement.

1. Variable heights for the player models

2. Variable jumping levels for the players
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Thu May 19, 2022 11:51 pm

Added.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby ECHood » Mon May 23, 2022 3:09 pm

I always thought it would be kind of cool if after a recruit commits to a school, whether yours or another, his final Top 10 is revealed on his recruit page.
ECHood

Postby Dofr21 » Tue May 24, 2022 10:19 pm

Some suggestions-
1) Have the Games Grid show the team's seed instead of their ranking during post season tournaments. At that stage, I'm not as interested in knowing the rankings as I am in knowing what the seed matchup is during the Sim.
2) Ability to customize/adjust the Slow Simulation On Important/Relevant Games. For example, I like the ability to view the conference game matchups but not as interested in their non-conference games nor seeing every ranked team game. Perhaps even have the ability to select individual teams to include with slow sim.
3) Maybe increase the impact of team performance on All Conference selections; at least with the lower prestige conferences. I had a breakout season during my 7th year with my team going 16-2 in conference play and then winning the conference tournament. But when it came to 1st team/2nd team selections I didn't have a single player selected.
Dofr21

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion