SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:11 pm

Added it, but I think this is more a case of the AI coaches sometimes doing weird things. For example, if an AI controlled school has 2 really great players at the same position, one guy (particularly if he's a freshman and that coach prefers veteran players) may play little or none. Of course, it could also be that the kid just didn't fit into that coach's game strategy or needs a year to blossom and the pros are willing to take a chance that he is either ready for the pros after his year of practicing with a college team or will be ready to produce at the pro level in a year or so. Anyway, I agree that this is weird.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Jomosensual » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:00 pm

Echet24 wrote:Revise the pro draft results - making them based on actual player performance rather than whatever it's currently based on. In many drafts players who were completely unimpressive in college get picked before those who excelled. In just my last draft, the #7 pick never even played a minute in college then declared after his freshman year.

This kinda doesn't feel unrealistic though? Like that exact scenario is gonna happen with Shaedon Sharpe. Unless you're saying the dude road the bench the entire time, then that's really odd.
Jomosensual

Postby jfsolo23 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:35 pm

There needs to be an exponential increase in the number of corner 3s taken in the game. IRL many players shoot more corner 3s than they do from straight on, but in the game every player shoots way more 3s from up top, like 10 times more for heavy volume shooters.
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:17 am

added
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:22 am

Just as an observation, in my experience clicking on "Shoot threes" seems to do absolutely nothing.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:32 pm

Yeah, I have the same feeling. I also wonder about how effective "stall offense" and "2 for 1" are. It seems to me that a team too often either shoots too quickly or turns the ball over when "stall offense" has been selected. And I don't get the sense that in the final minute of play, clicking 2 for 1 really results in a team trying to get off a fairly quick shot so there will be enough time on the clock for them to get the ball back (and have enough time to set up a shot) after the other team's final possession. But I don't use "2 for 1" much so maybe I'm wrong about that.

Anyway, I'll added something in the suggestions about the need to check out "shoot 3" to see if it is working as Gary would like.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:00 pm

Actually, the things you mention should be lumped in with "Shoot threes."
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:33 pm

Done.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Cards1125 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:21 pm

I didn't read all 11 pages so this may have already been addressed, but I'd love to see "promises" added to the recruiting function similar to the old NCAA football games. Then breaking promises would result in the player being more likely to transfer, and you would take a hit to your credibility as a coach so that your promises didn't mean as much. Or if you kept your promises, you would gain credibility and effectiveness.

Also, something like a midseason meeting or notification on players likely to transfer out. So that they could tell you the reason they want to leave and give you an opportunity to intervene, or maybe even add the promises in here too. FM does something similar when players want new contracts, more PT, guarantee of wins, etc.

I'm sure both of these are a lot of work, but it would certainly add some more depth to both recruiting and transfers.
Cards1125

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:19 pm

Added them.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion