SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Postby PointGuard » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:19 pm

Always good to get a 'fresh perspective'. I'm not going to add this to the "Suggestions List" since your entire post relates to one issue: UI. Instead I'm going to add it to my list for "Mind Blowin' Ideas" which is in another thread. I will soon be collating all the ideas in that thread and putting them into a separate document (different from the Suggestions List) and sending that to Gary in early September. That way he can review your entire list of UI suggestions in one fell swoop. Thanks for the 'fresh perspective'.

Re subbing: For the player you want to sub in: do not click on the players name since that takes you to his player card. I usually click somewhere to the right of that..most often the green energy bar (although pretty much anywhere to the right of the player's name will work). Then for the player you want to sub out, for me it seems to not always be exactly the same place. Sometimes clicking right on player's pic works, but more often what works best for me is to click somewhere just to the upper right of the player's shoulder (LOL)...but yeah, that needs to be cleaned up.

Re depth chart movement: I click on the plus mark in front of the player that I want to move up and then click on the plus mark in front of the player I want him to replace. Minutes will have to then be adjusted for the two player's you moved to get them both playing as much or little as you want.

Keep playing the game, I think some of the UI issues you've mentioned will be less of a problem for you as you play it. (Not minimizing the importance of what you've reported, just saying that I think you'll enjoy the game as you play it more.)
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Bryan » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:01 pm

Definitely agree that I'll be able to get used to it once I figure out how things work; it's more just that I think for a new player who doesn't have the history with the franchise and is on the fence, I'm hoping they can avoid getting pushed off the fence in the direction of 'nah, I'll do something else with my time'. Thanks for adding it in.
Bryan

Postby Bryan » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:40 am

Just as a follow-up, I have now been able to do subs using your tip. Thank you.

Box Scores - the one after the game has player of the game over the top of other information on my screen. Points in the paint etc. is shown there but not on the box score if I bring it up for that game or others later. If I click on Game Chart, all I get is a black screen. Rather than submitting a bug report at this point or really emphasizing any of the specifics here, my top overall suggestion is just a focus on these kinds of issues when the next version is being tested.
Bryan

Postby PointGuard » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:34 pm

Added to the Suggestions List.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby agoo » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:06 pm

I have some thoughts on the recruiting watchlist.

1 - Being able to clear the entire watchlist with a single action. I am going through and removing 50 people after each camp I attend to add 50 for the next camp.
2 - Rather than doing the action above, I'd like to be able to set up a watchlist for each camp. That way I could go through and do all watchlists at once, rather than doing the same actions repeatedly for each camp date.
3 - Having a screen to view who is attending each regional camp. It is nice to create watchlists from the recruiting magazine and I would like to do this for the regional camps as well.
agoo

Postby PointGuard » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:35 pm

Good ones...added them to the list.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby agoo » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:39 am

An icon for recruits that I've in-home visited.

Adding feedback from campus and in home visits to Recruit Notes.
agoo

Postby PointGuard » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:12 pm

Added
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby hansmellman » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:56 am

Not sure if this has already been submitted but I'd love to have a recruits reaction to visiting my campus available on the right hand side of their player card in the info box along with all of the info I get from calling them/watching them live etc. Sometimes flicking between the recruits screen and the messages screen becomes a bit tedious just to check if a player "didnt find a visit worthwhile" etc.
hansmellman

Postby PointGuard » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:19 pm

Got it.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion