SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR DDSCB2023

Postby PointGuard » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:06 pm

My perception is probably colored by reading the posts here which for the most part don't come from casual users of the game. But it seems to me that many people play DDSCB differently from one another. While I'm sure there are those who just quickly set up their associations, I THINK many users give a lot of thought on how they set up their associations. There are so many different ways to play the game and so many different things that you can get out of it, that I think that options are good...and if Gary can figure out how to include them, they then can be used or ignored (to the liking of the individual user).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Bryan » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:55 am

I would definitely agree with you that most people who post here are definitely more in that group. Most people who play the game though, don't post here or on the discord. I definitely agree that options are good; I'm only really trying to emphasize that far more important than that is the default experience. Basically if there's a choice between

- Add five more options to tweak.
- Add one feature to improve the default experience.

Default is the way to go almost every time.

There's also the part where lots of options are simply intimidating to many players to wade through.
Bryan

Postby adamj95 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:08 pm

I'd like to see all tournament teams for in season tournaments.
adamj95

Postby PointGuard » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:40 pm

adamj95 wrote:I'd like to see all tournament teams for in season tournaments.

Are you saying you want all teams that participated in the NCAA Tourney to be in one of the next season's pre-conference tournaments?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby fatfish89 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:12 pm

I know I am late to the party but a quick key for scouting and offering scholarships in the transfer window. it is a lot of clicks when you use all of your scouting opportunities in that window
fatfish89

Postby jlemmen43 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:22 pm

I'd like to echo the ideas put forth in this suggestion thread about using LAT/LONG distance to have an impact on recruiting. Dont know how hard it would be to add, other than attaching a LAT/LONG to each team and each high school. Would take a little time, and I'd be willing to compile that list if it's gonna go in the game. I think it would add to the realism to have players near state lines be more likely to choose a school a bit closer to home than staying in the same state (especially for big or less densely populated states).
jlemmen43

Postby Bryan » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:28 pm

My question is what does that actually add though? When you see a recruits hometown, unless it's a town you personally know for completely out-of-game reasons, you don't know if it's near a state border or not. It seems to me like a lot of work for something that wouldn't actually make practical gameplay difference. There's still going to be the same kinds of divisions that are represented now by state lines, just drawn in different places. Difference being, it would be less transparent/evident to new players what is happening and why. There's enough to sort through on the recruiting screen that I would favor the 'keep it simple' approach there. There's lots of other more important ways to improve the game IMO.
Bryan

Postby jlemmen43 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:31 pm

Bryan wrote:My question is what does that actually add though? When you see a recruits hometown, unless it's a town you personally know for completely out-of-game reasons, you don't know if it's near a state border or not. It seems to me like a lot of work for something that wouldn't actually make practical gameplay difference. There's still going to be the same kinds of divisions that are represented now by state lines, just drawn in different places. Difference being, it would be less transparent/evident to new players what is happening and why. There's enough to sort through on the recruiting screen that I would favor the 'keep it simple' approach there. There's lots of other more important ways to improve the game IMO.

It adds another layer to the recruiting process that makes it more realistic. If the game didn't come out every year, I wouldn't even bother with this suggestion...but since it does, I'm gonna throw in stuff (even if it's small) that could be added. I assume there's already logic in place that make the chances higher that a recruit in Connecticut goes to a neighboring state like Massachusetts than lets say Florida. But what about a recruit from eastern Pennsylvania? Does that logic only extend to them for New Jersey and New York, or is it by region? I would think a recruit from Allentown, PA would more likely wanna attend a Connecticut college than Buffalo if staying close to home is a factor. But if lat/long isn't built into the algorithm, it's gonna give the advantage to Buffalo since NY is a neighbor and CT isn't.

No it's not a major thing. You do your suggestions, I'll do mine. But since you asked, I made my case.
jlemmen43

Postby WarEagle13 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:21 pm

Recruiting could use lat/Lon like the college football does. You don’t have to know where a hometown is, as you can sort recruits by miles from your university (100,200,300,etc). Makes complete since to me. For example, if I’m playing South Alabama, I can recruit south Miss, Louisiana, panhandle of Florida much easier (should be less costly) than I can in my own state in North Alabama (ie huntsville)
WarEagle13

Postby PointGuard » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:47 am

FYI: A distance-based suggestion has long been on the CB2023 Suggestions List that has been sent to Gary. (along with a couple hundred other suggestions :D )

So it's up to Gary to decide on priority/importance and possibility with respect to all those suggestions.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2022 General Discussion