Need to Select New Team before I can move to next season

Need to Select New Team before I can move to next season

Postby kruseman21 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:16 pm

I used to play alot of the Draft Day games(and sports sim in general) when I was younger, but I had kids and took a long break. I have now just started to play Pro Football 2021 with my son. We started with his favorite team and have worked our way through I think three years of play, and we have done above average - NFC Championship game twice, losing both times. He gets a bit antsy at times and tries to start without me, so I'm not sure if I missed something during one of those times, but we are currently at a point where to advance to the next season, we have to select a new team. I think that we could have been fired, but unless he deleted an email that said that, I have seen nothing that tells me that, and my fan approval is at 100 and we have been very competitive in the three years so I kinda doubt that is the case. One of the teams we could select is the team that has won the Super Bowl the last two seasons, but our current team isn't in the list of selections.

Can anyone give me any information on what happened? We can choose a different team if we were fired, but I don't want to choose a different team if that actually wasn't the case, as he really wants to stay Vikings. I fear that there was an email that he accidentally deleted as he was supposed to be waiting for me to join him, but we are saved up to the specific point already and can no longer go back.

Any help would be appreciated. It's really fun to get back into the sports sim world.

Thanks everyone for any help you can provide on clarifying what has actually happened.
kruseman21

Re: Need to Select New Team before I can move to next season

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:08 am

In some cases the CPU will not re-sign you as coach. You aren't really fired... you just didn't get a contract extension.
brooks_piggott

Postby kruseman21 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:43 pm

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.
kruseman21

Postby spitfire » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:23 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:In some cases the CPU will not re-sign you as coach. You aren't really fired... you just didn't get a contract extension.

Curious then ...... IS there an e-mail that goes out when a team opts not to renew your contract? If not, it would be a good thing to add.
spitfire

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:06 pm

The flow changed from PF21 to PF23 so the screen gives more information.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2021 General Discussion