2021 Final Four Court! Updated 4/4/21

2021 Final Four Court! Updated 4/4/21

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:38 pm

Finally saw the NCAA Final Four court and tried to make it for the mod today and below is my first attempt. Once I watch some games tomorrow I'll decide if this is the final product or if it needs more work done. Court sidelines are a bear to reproduce this year.
Once the championship is over Monday, I'll use end of year stats to do a final update to the mod this year and add the court. I'll probably have it posted sometime next weekend.

Updated Final Four Court after Saturdays games. Removed much of the black spray paint area behind baskets as its not really visible. Added dotted line in place of black area. Add gold splash paint on sidelines. This most likely will be the final version added to the mod.

If you want to use this now download and drop in you game courts\assn folder to overwrite the one there now.
Updated link to version shown above.
Download link:https://www.mediafire.com/file/xn2djzsgzrpiikt/main2.jpg/file

Info about the court this year:
The two-tone wood court features the Final Four logo at its center, which is surrounded by sublimated stars that mimic the Indiana state flag. The keys are light blue and bleed into the baseline, which includes the words “NCAA Final Four” on both ends.
The sidelines, meanwhile, feature the phrases “Indy 2021,” “The Road Ends Here,” “Equality” and “Unity” along with a light blue and black paintbrush texture. Both the baselines and sidelines have a gold paint splatter effect that are supposed to “capture the motion and energy of the game.”
Manufactured by Connor Sports, the court is made entirely from sugar maple trees from Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. It is 70 feet by 140 feet, weighs roughly 37 tons and was installed following the conclusion of the Elite Eight on Tuesday night. It took roughly six hours from start to finish.
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
NCAAhoops

Re: 2021 Final Four Court!

Postby TripLykely » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:44 pm

Very nice - thanks for this and the full mod, it adds so much to the immersion factor
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Re: 2021 Final Four Court!

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:07 pm

Thanks first quick attempt. Watched games tonight I'll do a little more work especially behind baskets as what I saw the black looks closer to the basket but is actually further back. Mostly side line work, but I was struggling trying to get that right anyways. Will update in the mod next weekend.
NCAAhoops

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion